A Message From Amelia
Singing is one of the most joyful forms of expression. For this reason, singing lessons and vocal ensembles at Vocalocity are all about learning exciting ways to best utilise your singing voice in an engaging, happy, supportive and relaxed atmosphere. My hope is that you leave with a smile on your face, saying "that was FUN!".
As a voice professional, I am committed to ensuring I guide you to sing using techniques that are as efficient as they are vocally healthy. Ultimately, my job is to provide you with the tools that can help you to be the best singer you can be.
I welcome singers of all ages and all skill levels, so whether you're an experienced singer/musician, are just starting to explore your singing voice or are parents with a child showing a great passion for singing, I would love to hear from you!
SINGING AT VOCALOCITY
Vocalocity offers private and group singing lessons focussing on developing vocal technique, performance and musicianship skills. We specialise in popular music styles such as Rock, Pop, Soul, R&B, Contemporary Musical Theatre and Jazz.
Some of the topics covered in lessons include...
Laying the Foundations
- Developing vocal technique, support and aural skills
- Working to strengthen your voice, extend your vocal range and gain vocal control and flexibility
- Learning about vocal health and how to look after your voice, as well as understanding the anatomy and physiology of your instrument
- Practising MP3 vocal exercises designed and written by Amelia
Artistic Vocal & Creative Expression
- Using vocal tricks (like riffs and scat) and different musical elements (like rhythmic patterns, phrasing and harmony) to make your performance uniquely your own
- Singing with emotion, connecting with the lyrics and 'telling the story' (singers are storytellers after all!)
- Embracing your musical authenticity through songwriting
- Preparing for auditions, AMEB examinations or HSC Music, including choosing the right repertoire to play to your strengths and best showcase your capabilities.
- Getting a handle on performance anxiety in a gentle and supportive way
- Learning proper microphone technique and how to use your mic to your advantage
- Engaging your audience through effective performance techniques including hand gestures and where to look
Performance opportunities include term based in-house soirees, yearly showcase concerts, eisteddfods and community invitations such as the annual Leura Village Fair and Christmas carolling in Leura Mall.
We also offer workshops and masterclasses, sometimes featuring invited industry professional special guest presenters.
"I've learned a passion and respect for music that I think very few are gifted with. Amelia teaches with joy and vivacity, undying commitment and a love of music and of her students that is honestly a blessing" - Axel Nathaniel, student
"Amelia is an amazing vocal coach that I couldn't ask for more of! If you're looking to expand your vocal horizons, I would highly recommend you have lessons with Amelia! I started off only looking to expand my backing vocals as I was a guitarist in a band and Amelia has helped me find and work on a voice for my own lead vocals as well as develop confidence in singing which is something I thought I'd never be able to do!" - Dave Henninger, student